Sunday, September 11, 2016

Friday the 13th part 5 filming locations - PINEHURST & THE DINER


There's no better way to spend a Saturday than visiting Friday the 13th filming locations. (my wife would disagree)  Today we visited the famous Pinehurst Youth Development Center from "A New Beginning".  On the way home we also swung by the Diner where Billy and Lana met their demise.

These locations are way out in the middle of fucking nowhere. It was about a 50 minute drive from Los Angeles. When we got to Pinehurst (its not a halfway house in real life, its an Avocado farm)  we were greeted by high fences and a closed gate.  I had to park and stand on my car just to get a "halfway" decent picture of the "halfway" house.  But seeing that barn did get me excited, even if Part 5 sucks ass.

Fright Rags Part 5 shirt.


I got as close as I could to get the following pics from the road.

Pinehurst house.
No fans allowed!
There's too many fucking trees on this property.

We went around the side to try to get some closer pictures of the barn. We basically had to crawl through the avocado farm next door and get as close as possible. No trespassing signs are everywhere, but if I drove 50 miles for this I'll just pretend I can't read.

If my 8 year old self could see me now!

 This shot below may not look too familiar in the movie unless you have a keen eye.


When Tommy Jarvis first arrives at Pinehurst in the Unger Mental Institute van you can see him driving by this car port in the background, A yellow truck is in the place where the blue car is in now. Another fun fact is that if Part 5 is your favorite film you should be committed to the Unger Mental Institute as well because you're nuts. 

The Barn .... obviously.

Now its time to swing by the ol Diner where Billy picked up Lana.

Watch parts of the Diner scene here!

It's time to party!
The Diner is way off the beaten path and about 16 miles south of Pinehurst. We rolled up around 8pm and they were already closed. Not sure if its a seasonal place, or they just knew we were coming.

 Closed.
Too bad for them, I would have spent at least 3 bucks there.

The "Rock Store" is not shown in the movie, but Lana's hooters were.

Is that Crazy Ralph? Nope, Crazy Wife!

I have a few more photos to post but I'm too lazy to do it now. Besides its 12:30am on a Saturday night and I have important things to do. I may just go out on the town .. in my pajamas.

I'll post this on Facebook and if you happen to actually read this whole article post it in the comments. 
But just like Jason in Crystal Lake, I won't hold my breath.  Until next time.....

A pretty cool shot from the film. 












6 comments:

  1. Awesome man. Love the commentary. Do you know where Demon's van was parked at in the movie? The trailer park?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trailer park is actually in the Los Angeles area. (if I remember correctly) I'll have to look it up to confirm, but I think its somewhere north of Beverly Hills.

      Delete
  2. Part 5 is not the worst, but I think it was a missed opportunity because they had great momentum going with parts 3 and 4. The look and tone of 5 is awesome, but since its not the real Jason, that will always bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its ashamed they won't let you tour the property like they do the first one were are all fans of all these movies peace out Cleveland ohio

    ReplyDelete