Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween III - yeah it still sucks

I'm noticing these days a lot of people online are expressing their love for the movie Halloween III. I'm seeing new reviews, references to "Silver Shamrock" and fun facts about the film splattered all over. They say its a guilty pleasure, a classic in its own right. And that the only reason it doesn't get any respect is because its the only movie in the Halloween series without Michael Meyers.

But this is a gentle reminder that Halloween III still sucks. I feel the only reason that people have any love at all for this movie is that its the only film in the Halloween series that hasn't been watched a thousand times. Therefore it hasn't been, picked apart, re-watched, critiqued, enjoyed, talked about and shared to death. So in a way its still fresh.

 I went to a midnight screening of the original Halloween last week, and as much as I love that movie, it really doesn't hold up. Maybe because I've seen it so many times or because I'm older. But its still better than the piece of shit that is Halloween III.

For me, Halloween III sat unwatched in my collection until just last month.  All this commotion had finally prompted me to give it a watch. You see I had owned the film, but had never watched it. I only bought it to have a complete Halloween collection.

No Meyers, No interest.

Besides being the 3rd film in the series, I think its called Halloween III because it took me 3 nights to finish watching it. I can sit through some shit, but this one was extra rough. It had its moments, but my favorite was the end credits. I don't even have the enthusiasm to break down the movie and complain about certain parts. I guess writing this half assed blog post will have to do!

I dont hate Halloween III, but lets stop pretending its good.

If you ever need to fall asleep after drinking 5 Red Bulls,
try watching Halloween III!



No comments:

Post a Comment