Sunday, April 29, 2012

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE? "Welcome to the Jungle" 25 years later

I thought my GNR addiction would cool off after the Hall of Fame ceremony, but nope, luckily the fire still burns strong and my gateway obsession with Guns N Roses has led me down many different paths in their world. When I'm not wasting time creating different GNR t-shirts and other merchandise in my mind. (I think a chess set would be pretty cool) I track down treasures from their Hollywood upbringing. Let's face it, their isnt a ton of official GNR merchandise to buy and collect, we're not talking about KISS here. 
I need to feed my addiction.  


Which brings me to this.    The opening bus stop from "Welcome to the Jungle."


This is the infamous corner where Axl get's off the bus in the beginning of the video for "Welcome to the Jungle.  25 years later.  
(its at 6th and LaBrea in Los Angeles, looking south)


Looks like the Jungle got a bit of a make over. 






Now watch the video.








It's normal to be out taking pictures of intersections at 1:45am right?  I'm sure my Dad will disagree!



No comments:

Post a Comment