Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Slash performs on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Slash performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight. Putting on his usual kick ass show with Myles Kennedy and the gang there to rock with him. The set kicked off with his new song "Your a Lie" off of his new album "Apocolyptic Love".  They played that song for the TV audience, and the live audience got a special treat with the following mini concert.

"Your a Lie" - Apocolyptic Love (live for televised audience)
"Back to Cali" - Slash self titled album
"Ghost" - Slash self titled album
"Starlight" - Slash self titled album (dedicated to Jimmy Kimmel's Uncle Frank who passed away)
"Slither" - Contraband - Velvet Revolver
"Paradise City" - Guns N Roses "Appetite for Destruction"

They didn't allow camera's in the concert, and the security guard busted me when I had mine hidden in my crotch. His metal detecter beeped between my legs and he refused to believe that i had a "metal wang".  Luckily my friend KP had one of those fancy phones that take pictures. I used to have a fancy phone, but it was recently stolen by a busboy at a Denny's in Long Beach. But that's a whole other story.  Anyways, I'm glad I didn't have a camera because it seems like people these days spend too much time trying to record the concert instead of just enjoying it.

It was a great time though, he closed out the night with a rip roaring version of "Paradise City" and then during the guitar solo, ........ the mosh pit started.  A bunch of overweight kids in black t-shirts decided to run around in circles and annoy all of us who actually showered today. "Easy there boy's, Some of us have to work in the morning." It must be fun to run around and blow off steam, but you must learn to bury your aggression deep inside like a real adult.

But the best part of the night was .....

Slash signed my poster from the "Live in Stoke" CD.

Yes, I'm wearing crocs in the photo.




No comments:

Post a Comment