Monday, January 6, 2014

Rose Bowl

My friend Captain Dunning is a huge Michigan State college football fan. I would say he "shits green" but I think he would do that either way.  He flew into the L.A. area for the game and had an extra ticket, so we headed to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena for Stanford vs Michigan State!

Rose Bowl Parade around 6:30AM. 
The Rose Bowl has a pretty cool setting, nestled at the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains. And is also walking distance from the Cheesecake Factory that I used to work at. The mountains and surrounding valley are a great back drop, especially nice to see if you get bored by 20 year olds running sloppy plays College Football.

Scanning the ridge line for Sasquatches
The tailgating area was flooded with Michigan State fans. Some even showered for this once in a lifetime event!

Graffiti on Optimus Prime

Captain Dunning was super excited. To convey that he said to me "This is like for you if the 49ers were in the Super Bowl", I nodded and politely agreed, knowing that the Niners rule and that I would have the same feeling this season. Then I went back to looking at Twitter.

Holy shit this tailgate was awesome though.  It was thrown by MSU Alumni and they are all adults with high paying jobs so there was plenty of great food, drinks and a fuck ton of guacamole.  I also pocketed about 30 gummy worms to sneak into the game.

MSU Tailgate

Outside before Kickoff


Celebrating the big win! Congrats Capt Dunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment