Monday, July 14, 2014

"The Cults" on the Santa Monica Pier - July 10th 2014


Myspace and KCRW put on summer concerts at the Santa Monica pier each year. To kick it off they presented the band "The Cults".  So we went and checked it out.

The show took place on the Santa Monica Pier. 
People flock to these summer concerts, mainly because they are free and It gives the hippies another excuse to get stoned!
People fill up the beach to listen to the concert and "relax"
 I stay up top in my Republican tower looking down on them.
Its like "Dawn of the Dead" down there! 

The only song I know from "The Cults" is called "You Know What I Mean". (Below)
But it does rule. So I was looking forward to seeing it.


The Cults took the stage around 8:30.


We left the concert about 3/4's of the way through. But my friend Will kept wanting to go back. I took the picture below of him begging to stay. His parents wouldn't let him listen to anything but classical music growing up, so he is a little behind on whats "hip".  He is currently going through his "N.W.A. and "Public Enemy" phase.

"Please can we stay?" My bedtime isn't until 9pm!"
Leaving the Pier area is a nightmare, its jammed packed with lunatics. Families, Tourists, people with Parrots and Snakes on their shoulders its like "The Purge" but with more fatalities!




No comments:

Post a Comment