Sunday, August 24, 2014

"Bad Words" - Movie Review

I've seen just about every movie in my local Redbox. Even the terrible ones with Wizards and talking Trolls and shit. So I'm always excited when they get some new releases. This week one of those new releases was the Jason Bateman film "Bad Words"

I'd never seen a trailer for it, only the poster when it played on the Santa Monica promenade for about 2 weeks. So I just assumed it was about some spelling bee coach who has to inspire some poor kid to "apply himself" and learn to spell or something.

Boy was I wrong!  This movie is like "Bad Santa" man! Jason Bateman acts like a total and its pretty fricken funny.  It's totally worth watching. Bateman plays a guy who is a 40 year old genius and has a personal quest to compete in the U.S's best spelling bee. (*I don't want to give away all the details, because there is more) Also, on a side note, I was super tired when I put the movie in and expected to fall asleep by the middle, but it was interesting enough to keep me up the whole time.

So make sure to check out "Bad Words" - Here is the trailer!


*now If you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my girlfriend who is yelling at me because I've never seen "Dead Poet's Society".

No comments:

Post a Comment