Thursday, October 11, 2012

New Movie! V/H/S

If you want to check out a cool new movie check out the Horror film "V/H/S."

At the Nuart Theater. (405 and Santa Monica Blvd / West LA)
I had heard about this movie from my stoner friend Justin who said he saw it twice and it was awesome.  So when I saw this marquee I had to go check it out.

Most "Found Footage" movies blow, But I force myself to watch them.  There is a rumor that the next "Friday the 13th" Film is going to be like that too.  Glad they jumped on the bandwagon early.   But this movie actually was pretty cool.  One of the producers is Brad Miska who runs www.bloodydisgusting.com a dude I use to email with back in like 2003 before his website blew up.  I wonder if he remembers me.....

Brad and some of the cast. "Hey Brad, remember me!  Its me, Raven69@yahoo!
The movie is a collection of 5 short horror stories all shown on one VHS tape with a wraparound that fills it all out in between.  I'm not going to give some sort of lame review where I try to "disect" the film and give some stupid judgement on it.  Just go see it,  you wont be disappointed.  It's pretty awesome, and it's different.

Even better, they had a surprise Q & A session with the cast after the movie. Whoever asked a question got a free t-shirt and poster. I had to get my hands on one of those shirts, so I stood up, and used my "stand up comedy confidence" to ask some lame question.  And now I have another weird shirt I can wear to work so I can continue to give out the vibe that I am 25 years old.

*Remind me to tell you about the time I asked a killer question at a Friday the 13th Q & A and got a standing ovation!  Those were the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment