Thursday, March 22, 2012

Book Review: Shaq Uncut

 Shaquille O'Neal's new book is called "Shaq Uncut" and when you are seen with this book people like to say ... 'Shaq Uncut?" is that book about his dong? And then I have to laugh along and say stuff like "I'm not at that chapter yet" or if a gay dude is asking you say "I hope so" and smile.  But the reason its called "Uncut" is because it is supposed to be a "uncensored" account of his life. And for the most part, it is. Although like most autobiographies, the author always seems to leave out the part about them being accountable for anything that went wrong in their own life.  But that's no big deal, I like the stories either way.

*I should find a way to rotate the above photograph, but instead I'll just write about how I didn't.

This book covers Shaq's whole life. High school, College, his NBA time with the Lakers, the Championships and his final years in the league when he bounced around from team to team like a giant Randy Moss. There are a lot of cool stories. Some about the "Shaq & Kobe" relationship and life in the NBA "behind the scenes". It's a good book and a quick read. Totally worth checking out. I went through a "NBA phase" when I used to work for the Chicago Bulls. So it was cool to get back in the swing of things about basketball.  
Long story short, there is no chapter about Shaq's dong, maybe that will be a bonus chapter when it comes out in paperback.

*remind me to tell you the story someday about the day I met Michael Jordan when I worked at the United Center. I was walking alone in a hallway and he came through the door like "The Terminator" and I said out loud "Holy Shit it's Michael Jordan".  and he said "Hey". And then he walked past me to go practice on the court.
*no need to remind me to tell you the story, cuz I just did.
*Jordan played for the Wizards at the time, so the story isn't cool anymore. But you can picture him playing for the Bulls if you want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment