Friday, March 23, 2012

Rosebowl Flea Market in Pasadena

Last week we went and checked out the bi-monthly garage sale that is the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena.  I was told there was tons of cool rock memorabilia and other hidden treasures to be found at this apocalyptic gathering of cheap people. When we first arrived, It looked like Hurricane Katrina had struck again, forcing the people of Pasadena to seek shelter at the Rose Bowl. But upon further investigation it was just tons of peddlers, gypsy's and girls without makeup. (yikes)

This Scarf doubles as a "Sham Wow"


They have some cool posters. I seriously overheard the owner of the poster tent telling a customer about how the actor from "Jaws 2" come's to his shop all the time looking for a "Jaws 2" original poster. I chimed in saying "I know that guy!" The poster guy was not pleased that I interrupted his story.

"Do you have any Jackie Chan posters?"


At the end of the day, I got a bunch of records, some old rock magazines,  football trading cards and a "Starting Lineup" action figure for a guy who refuses to be mentioned on this blog.
Every day I wish it was 1989.
 I give the Rose Bowl flea market a B+. At least its something different to do. There is a lot of nostalgia and people trying to cash in their crap from the 60's like it was from the set of "Mad Men".
Free cigarettes with every typewriter.


No comments:

Post a Comment