Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Guns N Roses in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame ..... Reunion show?

I got tickets to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in Cleveland on April 14th.  Guns N Roses is being inducted. (along with Beastie Boys and Red Hot Chilli Peppers)   If everything goes right, this will be the first time that the original 5 members of GNR will be together on the same stage when they accept the induction.

If everything goes right.

Even more complicated, is if they will actually play a few songs together. The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame seems to be the only place where broken up bands can set aside their difference's for one night and play a few songs together for the fans.   But Guns N Roses is not just any band.

To put it lightly, I am going to this ceremony, and I will die if they don't play.  This has got to happen.

I paid a visit to original Bassist Duff McKagan at his book signing for the paperback release of his book "It's So Easy" (and other lies)     To see what was up.   (his book rules by the way)

(above), I get pretty excited when I'm about to meet a member of GNR, so I get nervous with a crazy look in my eyes and have to start going over what I'm going to say when I see Duff.


above, I start talking to Duff, and show him my ticket for the Hall of Fame. I mumble something about how only he can help the reunion happen and how I'm a big fan.

(above)  Duff, being the cool guy that he is, actually starts engaging me in conversation. He's always awesome and takes the time to actually listen and talk to each fan.  My body doesn't know how to react to this, so my "crazy eyes" set in.

He says, "We gotta get a picture with the ticket", we take the picture, and he continues to kick ass with the book signing.   I could see it in his eyes, that he wanted the old band to get together and rock it out, if only for a few songs.
The moral of this story is ... THEY WILL REUNITE AT THE ROCK N ROLL HALL OF FAME!

*check out Duff's band called "Loaded" at this website
     http://duff-loaded.com/thetaking/
songs like "Mother's Day" "We Win" and "Wasted Heart" are some of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment